"How to get inside" Check-in guide

Answered!

"How to get inside" Check-in guide

Where can I edit the check-in guide?  I just had a guest use contact and door code information that I have not used in years.  I have no idea where they found this information.  I tried checking the HOUSE MANUAL and ARRIVAL DETAILS and none of the information they sent me a screen shot of is there.  What am I missing?

1 Best Answer
Tariq52
Level 3
Squamish, Canada

I'm facing this same issue, did you ever figure out a solution? My problem is I'm using the new smart lock integration which auto-generates codes, but my "How to get inside" info says it's the last four digits of their phone number. I can't find out how to edit this info anywhere and I need to remove it.

EDIT: Figured it out!

I was able to edit "Additional Details (optional)" in the Check-in method section. This info seems to overwrite whatever was there previously. In my case I had a smart lock as my check-in method, so I'm not sure if this will work for everybody.

Follow these instructions (works on the app or web browser):

1. Go to the listing editor
  2. Click on Arrival guide
  3. Click on Check-in method
  4. Click on Additional details
  5. Put some instructions in there and save
  6. Check the preview to confirm the "How to get inside" details were changed

You can also delete the additional details and it should just remove that section entirely, just need to overwrite it first! 

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Christopher375  did you set up a check-in process on the phone app as well? you can only edit that one in the app on your phone. 

and I 100% can relate, I had guests use the wrong gate and I thought I had fixed all the instructions but buried somewhere was another bit of info. 

We never used or added "check-in instructions".  We always send the check in instructions through messages because we have to update codes and passwords.  My last 3-4 guests received wrong codes and instructions that we never set.

My guest sent me a screenshot from where they got this from, and there was the following:

"How to get inside"

Some Helpful Details from your Host

Then an old check in message that we sent to previous guests with all the wrong instructions.

I am a super host, so I called AirBNB Support but they don't know how to fix it. Using the APP there is nothing on the "Check-in Instructions" .

still happing to me , same problem. 

What is the newest update for this issue?

We found it! We had the exact same problem!

Thanks to Gillian's help we found the incredibly frustrating, very outdated keycode our guests kept finding that we could not! 

You will find it by using the app only

Go to listing

Under "Info for Guests"

Click on "Check-in Instructions" 

"Edit note"

That doesn’t change it for me.  I do that and then click “view” and it has the old info. I made a video for air bnb so hopefully they can see the problem. It’s a caching issue. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Erica1502, I hope you're well 😊. I've sent you a DM to find out more information about the issues you're experiencing. I hope you don't mind! 

Best wishes,
Sophia

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

when I click on listings on my app or desktop, I don’t see “info for guests” I only have the portions of “your space” or “arrival guide”.  Under arrival guide there is a place to change it but mine is set correctly. However when I click “view” the wrong info shows up still. Ugh. 

I don;t see the info for guests section, only the arrival guide.

Billion dollar company and cannot code this simple thing. Piece of crap

Thank you Marjo361 - I have been trying to figure this out for months! Appreciate the steps!

Erica1502
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Been happening to me for months. Airbnb insists there’s no problem. I’m waiting for an angry guest to ruin my 5 star rating. So far they’ve been very nice about it. It’s a cache issue. Ugh. 

did you figure it out?

Hi @Christopher375 , @Glen969 , @Nat10691 , @Erica1502@Sophia  

Take a look at your Check-in Method on the new software:

Listing Editor/Your Space/Check-In Method. Looks like they moved the Check-in photos that used to only be on the app here as well:

Joan2709_0-1707322903617.png

Let us know here if this fixes the issue as it might help other Hosts with the same problem 😊

I don't see this option. In the same situation as the others. 

Hello @Jen9625 

You are with the new Photo tour so try going into the Listing Editor where the page is split in two with the Photo tour on your right.

On the left hand page on Listing Editor, you see Your space, Arrival guide and a symbol with three lines.

Go to Arrival guide and see what is entered here for your guests under check-in method

You need to check this information on both your laptop and your phone as previous conversations have established that there was some outdated/forgotten information being sent to guests that had been entered on the phone app!

Hope this helps