"How to get inside" Check-in guide

Answered!

"How to get inside" Check-in guide

Where can I edit the check-in guide?  I just had a guest use contact and door code information that I have not used in years.  I have no idea where they found this information.  I tried checking the HOUSE MANUAL and ARRIVAL DETAILS and none of the information they sent me a screen shot of is there.  What am I missing?

1 Best Answer
Tariq52
Level 3
Squamish, Canada

I'm facing this same issue, did you ever figure out a solution? My problem is I'm using the new smart lock integration which auto-generates codes, but my "How to get inside" info says it's the last four digits of their phone number. I can't find out how to edit this info anywhere and I need to remove it.

EDIT: Figured it out!

I was able to edit "Additional Details (optional)" in the Check-in method section. This info seems to overwrite whatever was there previously. In my case I had a smart lock as my check-in method, so I'm not sure if this will work for everybody.

Follow these instructions (works on the app or web browser):

1. Go to the listing editor
  2. Click on Arrival guide
  3. Click on Check-in method
  4. Click on Additional details
  5. Put some instructions in there and save
  6. Check the preview to confirm the "How to get inside" details were changed

You can also delete the additional details and it should just remove that section entirely, just need to overwrite it first! 

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Tariq52
Level 3
Squamish, Canada

I'm facing this same issue, did you ever figure out a solution? My problem is I'm using the new smart lock integration which auto-generates codes, but my "How to get inside" info says it's the last four digits of their phone number. I can't find out how to edit this info anywhere and I need to remove it.

EDIT: Figured it out!

I was able to edit "Additional Details (optional)" in the Check-in method section. This info seems to overwrite whatever was there previously. In my case I had a smart lock as my check-in method, so I'm not sure if this will work for everybody.

Follow these instructions (works on the app or web browser):

1. Go to the listing editor
  2. Click on Arrival guide
  3. Click on Check-in method
  4. Click on Additional details
  5. Put some instructions in there and save
  6. Check the preview to confirm the "How to get inside" details were changed

You can also delete the additional details and it should just remove that section entirely, just need to overwrite it first! 

Hi @Tariq52 

Go to:

Listings

Arrival Guide

Check-in Method

Joan2709_0-1711316503390.png

What smart lock integration are you using?

I'm using the Schlage ENCODE with Airbnb's new smart lock integration. I just got a notification that it's available over here in Canada. Just activated it and so far it looks like it's working!