Will current guests still be able to contact me once I have Deactivated my listing?

Answered!
Matthew2008
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Will current guests still be able to contact me once I have Deactivated my listing?

As I fight local government, I need to deactivate my account.  This will stop my house being shown on future bookings and search, but what happens to renters already booked?  Will they be able to contact me?  See the house?  Etc…

1 Best Answer

@Matthew2008 there's a difference between deactivating your listing and deactivating your account. When you deactivate your listing, it means your property will no longer be bookable or visible to new potential guests on the Airbnb platform. However, current reservations, including guests who are currently staying at your property, will not be affected. This means you will still be able to communicate with these guests through Airbnb’s platform

However, if you deactivate your account, you will not be able to communicate with your guests wether current or upcoming through Airbnb, and it will cancel upcoming reservations. This action is usually taken when someone decides to permanently stop using Airbnb, either as a host or a guest. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew2008 If you snooze your listing the authorities will not be able to see it but your currently booked guests will be able to communicate with you.

@Matthew2008 there's a difference between deactivating your listing and deactivating your account. When you deactivate your listing, it means your property will no longer be bookable or visible to new potential guests on the Airbnb platform. However, current reservations, including guests who are currently staying at your property, will not be affected. This means you will still be able to communicate with these guests through Airbnb’s platform

However, if you deactivate your account, you will not be able to communicate with your guests wether current or upcoming through Airbnb, and it will cancel upcoming reservations. This action is usually taken when someone decides to permanently stop using Airbnb, either as a host or a guest. Hope this helps! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Matthew2008, I am wondering if you were able to read the advice from our Hosts.

I am sharing here an article about >>deactivating or deleting your account<<, in case you find the step-by-step process useful.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad