Top 1%

Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

Top 1%

One of my properties is a 1%  and the others are a 5% 0r 10% and I can't figure out what makes one 1% and not the others. This is new.

15 Replies 15
Danlee1
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Hollie6 It is based on your ratings. Top 1% properties have perfect 5 star ratings. I’m not sure what the rating score is for top 5% and 10%.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I have had five star ratings for the last three years (apart from one four star three years ago) and am in the 10% category @Danlee1 

A host I know has 4.90% ratings and is in the 1% rating category.

@Helen3 

That does not make sense to me?? 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Hollie6, It is great to see you back in the Community Center 😊

Starting May 1, Airbnb is introducing a listing highlight for the top 10% of eligible listings to indicate these are some of the best homes on Airbnb, according to guests.

Several factors are taken into consideration, including overall rating, subcategory ratings, Host cancellations, and quality-related customer service issues. Airbnb uses these factors to daily evaluate all eligible listings and determine the top 1%, 5%, or 10%. 

The highlight is updated regularly using various factors, including:

• Overall star ratings and feedback in guest reviews
  • Subcategory ratings for check-in, cleanliness, accuracy, Host communication, location, and value
  • Host cancellation rates
  • Quality-related issues reported to Airbnb Community Support

Here is an article with more information: New highlight helps top homes stand out

I'm also sharing the official webpage of the 2024 Summer release for you to explore. Let us know which update is your favourite.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Paula 

Thank you, Paula. I was not aware that so many factors were involved. 

My other property's that have 5% and 10% do even better than my 1% with better reviews, history etc so I wonder why that is?? Thanks for sharing this 

@Hollie6 You Top 1% listing has a perfect 5.0 rating. Your other listings do not.

One of mine has a 4.99 and over 400 reivews with more 5 star reviews in a row than the home with perfect 5.00....I've seen others in the top 1% with lower than 5.0....very confusing. 

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

@Paula This is so helpful!  We'd love to know the top XX% of what?  The state?  The market?  The world?

@Hollie6 Of our 11 listings, we have 7 that are top-5% or top-10%.  However, like you said, not exactly sure what got us there.

One of them is a 343-review perfect 5.0 and it's still only a top 5% (not a top-1%). So we gotta be even more than perfect, it seems.  What's your secret?!?  We won't rest until all 11 are top-1%.  That might be hard. . .  😅

Here's a link to all of our spots on a map so it's easy to see.  https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=70265465&map_toggle=true

@Paula 

I am very curious about this too. I have just one property and it is in the “top 1%”. But, as @Richard531 asked…is it the top 1% of properties in my state, country, or of Airbnb’s worldwide? I would love to know.

thank you…

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Miguel1423@Hollie6@Richard531@Tony-And-Una0  and @Danlee1

Thank you so much for sharing these interesting questions in this thread.

I would like to invite you to our Host Q&A session with Christy Schrader, Director of Community Engagement at Airbnb, where we've invited Host members to ask questions related to the Summer 2024 Release. It'd be great to have you share your questions in that thread since they could benefit the wider Host community, where many Hosts like yourself have shared their thoughtful questions with Christy.

Looking forward to your participation in the Host Q&A!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Beautiful property's ~ Congratulations on maintaining so many good reviews! No easy task with that many! Great photos too! Hopefully we get some answers! Heres mine~

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/listings

Your opinions are interesting. I have 5* reviews, but not on all subcategories. And a few days ago I was in the top 10% with a golden crown, and now I no longer have the golden crown, just the silver crown and this without any new comments or evaluations. Between the moment I had a gold crown and the time I am mading this comment, I had no reservations, and no new comments. But I have configured my listing to increase my minimum stay durations, I know that with this new configuration, searches for certain short durations will no longer be able to have me in their results. In my opinion, one of the criteria for this ranking is also the number of times we appear in the search results and the number of times our listing is consulted in detail.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

• Overall star ratings and feedback in guest reviews

If this over a certain period, last twelve months for example, or since we started listing 9 years ago?  Otherwise it is almost  impossible for hosts that have been hosting for many years to  move the dial enough to ever be included.