Tips and tricks for becoming a great host?

Tips and tricks for becoming a great host?

Hey everyone my husband Cullen and I are new to this hosting game. Just looking for a place to get some advice and answers when needed. We have a unit in Fairhope, AL a quaint little town on the shores of Mobile Bay. We are just getting started and want tips and tricks for becoming a great host.

Lori 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

22 Replies 22
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lori-And-Cullen0 well you seem to have started well. I particularly like that you haven't tried to cram more than 4 people in. Should there be pictures of the yard/house from outside? Perhaps not from the front so as not to identify the house location.

That's a great idea and we will be adding some pics of yard/patio. I found it difficult to add any photos of my own since I take them on my phone and air doesn't seem to allow those to download. We are having a patio installed that is why we chose not to show that at this time. Its a duplex so we needed to seperate the yard for privacy then went overboard and added a paver/pebble design to stay with the modern feel of the interior.

We really want to stay at 4 or under for max volume.

1. jjjj

sdafasdf

sdafasdwwwwwdf

sdafasdw122365254556wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwdf

sdafas0021552f

<script>alert(0);</script>

test

tes222

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Lori-And-Cullen0,

Welcome to this amazing community and to Airbnb hosting.
The little magnifying glass at the top of this page should be your best friend. Search the community and explore previous posts. There is a lot of experience in those pages, and I owe them a lot for the adventure I have been going through in the past couple of months of hosting.

The only tip that I must tell you is to turn off instant booking if you haven't done so already.

So I have been told that but what I did do was leave the instant booking on air bnb and turned it OFF on VRBO since I made the typical newbie mistake by double booking my very first rental-yes it happened 🙂

VRBO threatened that I would be pulled off expedia because of that but better than a double book right?

@Lori-And-Cullen0 I actually like IB as it allows penalty free cancellations in certain circumstances such as you are concerned about the people who have booked.