Tips and tricks for becoming a great host?

Tips and tricks for becoming a great host?

Hey everyone my husband Cullen and I are new to this hosting game. Just looking for a place to get some advice and answers when needed. We have a unit in Fairhope, AL a quaint little town on the shores of Mobile Bay. We are just getting started and want tips and tricks for becoming a great host.

Lori 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

22 Replies 22

You mean Air bnb ? Yes I had to get on with VRBO customer service to get the cancellation fee waived it was ridiculous. 

I use Airbnb mostly and use instant booking, you will increase visibility and bookings/earnings.  Simply LINK your VRBO and AIRBNB calendars. Once someone books on Airbnb, those dates will automatically be blocked on VRBO

Yvette65
Level 2
Old Saybrook, CT

Welcome. This is my 19th year, and I could write a book. After much trial and error, my places run very smoothly. Trust your gut, if something seems off with the Guest, it probably is. Ask a lot of questions; You do not have to rent to everyone. 

Thats great advice I appreciate that. Sometimes with all the rules and regulations I am never sure if I should cancel someone.

Could you kindly tell me the best ways to obtain clients for turnover cleaning services? Sorry if im not referencing it correctly. My friend is such a nice lady, and she wants to grow in the cleaning industry, how do people obtain host clients in AIRBnb if you dont mind sharing your great wisdom.

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

Hi, and best of luck to you on your journey. My advice would be to ask the customer! When we began 8 years ago, we learned a lot from our guests. And asking never hurt our ratings as we still have nothing but 5 stars from all the stays. The way we'd ask is to tell our guest we'd really like to know what we could do to improve and that during the review process there is a place for private feedback, if it's not something they want to put on the public review. I'd send that message online, or if I saw them when checking out (we are on-site hosts) I'd let them know about the private option. The suggestions were never huge things but the small things that made us really, really good at anticipating wants/needs. I don't ask anymore but it was helpful in the beginning years. 

test2

Rebecca7
Level 2
Providence, RI

Good personal, attentive, timely positive and helpful communication and...good quality sheets, spotless rental unit, more than one way to make coffee, basic amenities, utilities that work, nice lighting, plants, a good GuideBook, games and museum or any other suggestions for rainy days.