Smart pricing

Answered!
BarbGrace0
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

Smart pricing

does anybody have any advice about the recommendation about smart pricing tool? Do you find it reputable, helpful, necessary?? Is it wise to use it because I find that it’s completely out of contacts in my area they want me to charge $22 at times for a king size bedroom for a night and I’m 4 miles from the Gulf of Mexico how could that be compatible in my area?? do other guests find it reputable? I end up receiving less money than my guests pay and then I have no guest fee. It’s becoming very very complicated or is it just me???? I know it’s not just me thank you for any assistance anyone can offer me,

kindly,

Barb

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@BarbGrace0 some people make Smart Pricing work by having a narrow band between the min and max price allowable. Sadly you can't vary these seasonally so it doesn't work at all for us.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@BarbGrace0 some people make Smart Pricing work by having a narrow band between the min and max price allowable. Sadly you can't vary these seasonally so it doesn't work at all for us.

Thanx for replying 

Doesn’t seem to work for me either 

thanks so much for replying 🌞

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It works for me . I put in a minimum price that I'm happy with and do find it prices higher in most cases and does have rates that go up over the summer etc

you can always manually adjust for holidays @BarbGrace0 

I get the impression most people shy away from it.

Debra66
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Love the AIRBNB platform and have years of reliable income.

Smart pricing is a creative way to keep pricing confusing.  Support teams have lots of ways to twist up the low returns and point the blame to the host. The touted 25 upgrades "Smart Pricing" is at the top, with no real change. 

Why does Smart Pricing miss HOLIDAYS and SEASONS ? The burden is on ALL HOST to go in and monotask each holiday and season. That's not very smart! This new upgrade is the same. Apps by design should be managing task batching.  Geography and travel patterns are very clear.  Combining the two is a rather elementary task.

When the uptick in passive income is touted and host are abundant easy growth. Every host lost requires 3 host to be gained to show growth. We recently unlisted a very desired property due to "SMART PRICING". This property always ran well below market price. Most educated guest enjoyed the price and property. "Michael Jackson" booked the unit so low in season, with "SMART PRICING" it would have required us to pay for his stay.

Pam1990
Level 2
Mercer, ME

I have been using smart pricing for 3 years now and it used to be great! This year however not so much. 

All my calendars have the minimum per night listed on every day..to include holidays and weekends. I have people booking my  3 bed cabin for $81 a night on 4th of July week. This is crazy..my whole calendar for the year each day is the minimum price. 

I would suggest you stop doing it and take the time to do it yourself..although it looks very daunting..I would have to do all my calendars Ugh! So frustrating. Not making any money..my electric has gone up 40%!

Not happy at all

That is exactly how I feel. All of our utilities are being raised and they’re wanting me to put $41 on the  41 of July night so thank you for replying. I am going to stop using it as well. They just say oh your listing will not show up people won’t see it. You will get less bookings, etc. etc. , so they almost scare you into not stopping it. -but I’m pretty much over seeing I should put $41 on a room that is 4 miles from the Gulf of Mexico - Your basic  Motel  room is going up to $185 a night 25 miles from the beach/

This suggestion for the 4 th of July & Smart price suggest I list my space for $41 did it for me , I’m constantly changing my pricing according to the holidays and season myself , and I’m already on the 11th page of the listing and I’ve been doing it for years and then a new room pops up in there on the 2 nd  page so I give up/ smart pricing is just not what it used to be @Pam1990 

Thanks for encouragement to stop using it !!! I needed that

Take care, Barb Grace

This happened to me too! It was totally fine and showed right prices, but now suddenly the minimum for every single night. Clearly a bug. It has been super hard to convince the support that there is an issue, so your post is helpful, thank you!