No way to unshare calander with cleaning company is a major risk

Ivan2560
Level 2
Malmö, Sweden

No way to unshare calander with cleaning company is a major risk

Hello,

I am a new host and I tried to sync my airbnb calender to google calender via the ics file - and made that calander public as recommended.

Now I want to switch cleaning team but they can still access it? I read hours online and my conclusion is that there is no way to deplete this calender now since its public.

Note: This is not a normal google calender that you can give/remove access to. This was a new calender "created from URL" and all the options to remove it etc is grayed out.

Is there a way to change my ics file on my airbnb listing so this google calender does not get any new updates from future bookings?

This feels really unsafe as a first time host..

5 Replies 5

Hi @Ivan2560 

Hmmm....I thought you can always remove a Google calendar from public view?

How do I change my Google Calendar from public to private?
"Click “Settings and Sharing”: This menu contains all the settings related to this calendar. Click “Access permissions for events”: This section is where you can choose to make the calendar public, or private."

You should be able to stop syncing your Airbnb calendar to your Google calendar as well by going to Calendar/Availability and then removing the sync?

Hi Joan,

For some reason I can not change the privacy of this calender, it seems Im not the admin or own it. When I pressed "delete" calender I was informed it will only be removed from my point of view but others will still be able to access it 😞 

Also there in no way to stop the sync from airbnb, I talked with support yesterday and he said I should contact google, and I have made a ticket there now. 

@Ivan2560 Hmmm....you should always be able to "unsync" any calendar, so CS is not giving you correct information. What happens when you try to unsync it on Airbnb? Can you post a screen shot here? 

Hif

Hi @Joan2709 ,

There seem to be no sync. In google clander I just created a new calender from URL.

I pasted in the URL from my airbnb calender and now google is updateing with all my bookings.

AirBnb customer support said there is no way to change this adress that I marked in the picture because that is the URL that google Calender use to keep updateing my calender with the new bookings. 

airbnb2.png

Hi @Ivan2560 

So it sounds like you want the Airbnb calendar to sync to your Google Calendar, but you just don't want your Google Calendar to be public anymore? Is that correct? If so, I would contact Google directly as to why you can't make the calendar private, if you were the one that created it?

Perhaps another Host who is familiar with linking a Google Calendar can help you more than I. I have not tried to link Airbnb to a Google Calendar.