No bookings, problems with connections re my Airbnb site since was hacked

Sally550
Level 2
Chico, CA

No bookings, problems with connections re my Airbnb site since was hacked

My email was hacked, reregistered my Airbnb site when asked to provide a new email address. Now no access/no bookings. 2 nights were booked before this. Usually 20-25 a month. Only 2 old bookings for month. Some how Airbnb created a totally separate email site where I see some old "conversations," but nothing new.  Never had different email site for Airbnb. 

Can no longer access my account/Airbnb site by clicking on Airbnb icon at header of my main computer page.

It used to open to main public Airbnb site with photos of places to stay. Then at top could click on Airbnb with choice of going to my Airbnb page where receive all enquiries, bookings, can email back and forth, folks request bookings, etc. or to editing my listings .... = all transitions having to do with my Airbnb. 

I depend on bookings to pay my mortgage. 

3 Replies 3
Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Sally where is your email based at?

Continue your endeavours with Aibrnb but you also can contact your email provider as there are ways to verify THAT IS YOUR EMAIL - so you get back control. 

Most of the time [unless you are specifically targeted] email hacking is part of a larger scheme, used as a part of a wider net to spread malware, viruses etc; to that effect might be a good idea no notify as many of your CONTACTS as you can -  your email address Might harm you family/ friends/ work colleagues etc...

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Sally550 ,

This is terrifying! I wanted to know if you had contacted Airbnb Support regarding this for any further help.  And whether there has been any progress in reclaiming your account back or getting used to the current system?

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Didn't solve my question, as I now have a separate Airbnb email site (not on regular Airbnb site, my bookings site, etc.), but it works as I can open the emails and read them, then switch to the main Airbnb public page, click on my icon on top to switch to hosting, then my actual, real Airbnb hosting site comes up and I can then message, book guests, etc. through this site. Before my old email was hacked, I went directly to the Airbnb icon at the top of my homepage, which then enabled me to go to my actual hosting site for all inquiries, bookings, etc. So even though there are now a few extra steps to get to my hosting site, I am managing.