Need New Professional Photos - But link isnt working

Lana50
Level 2
SF, CA

Need New Professional Photos - But link isnt working

Hi everyone,

I need new photos of my apt after some furniture upgrade. I found the internal link on Airbnb to apply to see if there was a professional in the area.  here is the link.  https://www.airbnb.com/e/pro-photography

But when I follow the prompts, nothing happens!! Any tips on how to order the pro photo service for my lisiting?

4 Replies 4

Yelp?

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Lana50 I tried to do this as well, but it turned out to be a dead end. I'm in a fairly rural area, so I was surprised when AirBnB said they had someone local, and offered to comp it. They said I would be contacted to set up an appointment. Needless to say, that never happened. I followed up several times, and it turned out to be a big waste of time. 

I actually ended up becoming friends with a professional photographer, who did them for me.

What I suggest you do is contact one of these companies that does photography for realtors. In my area they are Home Visit, Real Estate Exposures, etc. They are all over the place. The prices are similar to what an independent photographer might charge, and they are really efficient and good at what they do. Probably easier than trying to do it through AirBnB.  Just a thought....

Hi Laina,

I’m having the same problem. It’s frustrating that if a photographer is not available in our own areas why does it not just say so?! 

Holly715
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Be careful about accessing a photographer through Airbnb. I did that for my listing and the photos tuned out great but they don't "give" you the photos, they upload them to your listing. Airbnb loaded photos to the wrong listing (I have more than one listing) and I got a wave of new bookings from people who thought they were renting an entire house but Airbnb uploaded the house photos to my small apartment listing! No wonder people were booking so fast, they thought the price was a steal.

So I deleted the photos from the incorrect listing and contacted the photographer to get another set (I should have copied them). The photographer said the photos were the property of Airbnb so I had to connect Airbnb Support to get them to reload the photos to the correct listing and then I copied them. Moral of the story - if you use a photographer you contracted thru Airbnb, Airbnb owns your photos!!