Listing suspended

Answered!
Katy544
Level 2
Bacalar, Mexico

Listing suspended

Hi community, I hope somebody have some advice to help solve my case..

Airbnb sent me an email on 8th April with title “Your listing has been permanently suspended”. 

In email: This listing 2 appears to be a duplicate of the listing 1 which has had low star ratings, bad reviews or canceled bookings in the past.

-In the same email on the same day, I asked for verification.

On 11th April I received another email from Airbnb with Title: Your listing is not possible to activate again. 

In email: We have considered your appeal and decided to remove listing 2 from Airbnb on April 11, 2024.

Your listing 2 will be removed on April 11, 2024.

All bookings starting after this date will be cancelled. We will help guests find other accommodation and you will not be paid for these bookings.

Reality: Listing is suspended, but not removed. Reservations after 11 April arrived and last two weeks I have hosted guests from Airbnb in listing 1 and in listing 2 in same time. 

(To explain this, we have property with 16 identical villas. The diference between villas is in decorations, light difference in furniture, position of the villa around swimmingpool. AirBnb thinks, that one listing is duplicate of other, but it is not).

I already called several times with Airbnb technical support and they confirmed that it doesn’t seems to be same villa and I was always told that they will escalate this case and said that the Appear team will contact me by email. Today it is 16 days since listing got suspended and I am starting to be very desperate because nobody contacted me yet. 

1 Best Answer

UPDATE :

Received email today, that my case has been reviewed and my listing is back online. It took 17 days. Longest 17 days ever for me, but happy now that all is sorted. 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Airbnbs policy is to suspend / remove listings with low ratings and then attempt to stop them coming back by matching photos, addresses etc. Your problem is likely with both policies, although if a listing gets removed it’s almost impossible to get it back. I would also consider placing each of your listings in a separate account - if a guest complains about a camera etc you will get them all shut down 😞

To avoid listings being removed / suspended I would restart them if they have low ratings.

Hi Pete. 

Thanks for reply!

Listing 2 they suspended have 4,88 and other listing 1 have 4,75. 

Listing 2 we open on November 2023 and listing 1 one month later. Both listing received one 3star review since opening until now.

The point is, that these are not copies, or duplicate listings. Both villas physically exist and neither listing is fake. 

Absolutely imposible for me to have 18 listing on 18 different accounts.

You should appeal the suspension - they should have contacted you, typically it’s for a week or month for low reviews - sadly even getting a couple of 3* will get you suspended. If any are below 4.7 I would relist them.

Permanent suspensions are usually for some rule violation like entering an occupied property.

I would honestly not list 17 properties on Airbnb under a single account - just do a search on here for cameras and suspensions. Everything would be closed down if one guest complains about a rule violation.

Yes, I need to get in touch with special team, but I don't know how . That's why I am asking here in hopes, to get some advice. 

If you fall under 4,7 and you relist, then it is not duplicity? 

They are catching you for relisting a property that is suspended. However, having so many properties with similar photos is likely to cause their AI to try to shutdown other listings.

I would start by figuring out which property is suspended and why, and then appeal it. 

UPDATE :

Received email today, that my case has been reviewed and my listing is back online. It took 17 days. Longest 17 days ever for me, but happy now that all is sorted. 🙂