Listing advice - Camping at Saguaro National Park

Michael5888
Level 2
Picture Rocks, AZ

Listing advice - Camping at Saguaro National Park

Hi,

I have campsites on my Ranch near Saguaro National Park that are listed on AirBNB.  The sites did great in my first year and I quickly became a superhost.

My second year/season, after Airbnb changed algorithms and added categories I went from superhost to superdud, with only 1 reservation booked through Airbnb.  Customer Service manually added two categories for me.  I updated pictures and descriptions.

Year/season 3 has been the same result, only 1 reservation through Airbnb.

I have the campsite listed on a competitive camping app and get a lot of bookings.  That apps calendar is tied to Airbnb calendar so that it blocks off days reserved to prevent double bookings.

When I search, using the maps with no filters or dates, sometimes my place appears as a smaller bubble, but usually I have to zoom in so that I am the only option for it to appear.

I am wondering if my site could be blacklisted because I use a competitive reservation app?  Why doesn't the AI assign appropriate categories?  I can thing of at least a dozen categories I would fit into.  How can I get back to an equal amount of reservations like I had in year 1?

Comments are appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your calendar shows no availability after June @Michael5888 

@Helen3I only take reservations 3 months out.

Curious as to why you take bookings up to 3 months out? My bookings have decreased as well though I do have/accepted booking from 24 hours notice to a year out. 
Hope your bookings get better. 
Bettye6

Because I don't want my schedule dictated for me a year out.  It's just a campsite on my Ranch.  It's not a business for me.  At $28/night I could earn more working at McDonalds.

Besides, if I can't get bookings in three months, why would I expect to get them a year out?