Hot tub or not?

Anna14452
Level 2
Mint Hill, NC

Hot tub or not?

Hello everyone 

I’m relatively new with airbb just a few months in

Im located in Mint Hill NC. Just outside of Charlotte. My question is the expense of adding a hot tub and the maintenance required worth it. It seems to me that everyone is looking at the pricing and not the amenities as much

Ild like some feedback on this matter with someone who knows first hand on the pros and cons of this investment as I’m not sure if the demand outlays the cost

thankyou so much on your input

if you want to take a look at my airbb it’s listed as cozy cottage in Mint Hill

it seems that bookings are slowing down in March and April  Is that typically normal?

4 Replies 4

@Anna14452 

Good question an hot tub idea - do check with your business insurance agent about any risks and hazards to you around offering this as an STR amenity. 

Also, talk with your health department regarding keeping it hygienic and safe for guests using it.  I'm guessing that there are different standards for one's personal and family use vs those for public health and safety. 

Karen4131
Level 10
Malmö, Sweden

Helli @Anna14452 

If you're aiming for a high ranking on Airbnb, having something that makes your place stand out can be a game-changer. It is said that a hot tub is one of the top 10 amenities that people look for.

Personally, I have a new listing that I've mainly opened for the summer season. With a hot tub as the cover photo, it was quickly added to people's wish lists, I can see, and that has a big impact on ranking.

Best regards

Karen

John-and-Audry0
Level 3
Nevada City, CA

We live in the mountains among pine trees, and find that our hot tub is a huge attraction for guests.  It's easy to care for, but they can be expensive to buy and fix (if need be).   

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anna14452, Good question 😊

There are great suggestions from our Hosts here. Have you made a decision already?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad