First Hosting Experience

Erdem11
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

First Hosting Experience

I am very new at using Airbnb and I really don't know how am I going to find my first guest. I live in Taksim, İstanbul, and am trying to use this site as well as I can. Could someone give a bit of advice, please?

Many thanks,

Erdem

4 Replies 4

@Erdem11  It's not so much that you find guests - they have to find you.  Due to the pandemic, this is not a representative year for patterns in tourism, so it goes without saying that this is not the ideal time to launch an inner-city listing if you need a rapid return on your investment.

You have a nice listing with a lot of character, so when the market is favorable I have no doubt it will attract some interest. In the meantime, keep on reading up on resources like this, refining, and improving your offer. A few things to consider:

- Airbnb's "Host Guarantee" does not cover damage caused by pets, nor does it charge a security deposit, so do take this into consideration with respect to your pet policy. Your listing states that "ALL pets are allowed" - are you sure the floors and furnishings can handle what that might entail?

- Your listing is the first I've ever seen offering a drum kit. Perhaps there's a special niche out there of guests looking for that when they travel, but it's not searchable as an amenity, so it would be remarkable if this feature was attracting bookings. Worth a try, just to experiment, but it might actually be a slight deterrent to families with young kids who might have a hard time resisting the temptation to make a lot of noise. 

- Photos count for a lot, so if you know a skilled photographer who can shoot some images with wider angles and better lighting, it would help your listing stand out in a competitive field.

@Anonymous Thank you very much that you viewed my listing. I will definitely consider those changes. Yes, I am thinking of creating a new way for a comparative advantage with my drum kit offering and will consider the situation with noise, and photographs with wider angles are my next step for sure. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Erdem11 

The listing is in the search system, so you have to wait untill a guest is interested and sent you an inquiry or booking request. You can promote your listing outside Airbnb on social media etc.. (choose "share" for options when previewing the listing) or by adding Listing URL or Homepage to other websites.

Please note your weekly discount is 35%, monthly discount is 45%, but will be increased by your special discounts set ( so monthly discount is now 56% !) . If you have no experience as a host, maybe better not start with "long term stays" and limit stays to less then 28 nights.

Thank you very much, I will share as much as possible and I have made the necessary discount corrections.