Ease to Find Entrance

Answered!
Jaryd1
Level 2
Norwalk, CA

Ease to Find Entrance

Hi! I'm new and have been hosting for a couple weeks already and is looking to improve guest experience. 

My guests, specially those coming at night, are having a hard time finding the entrance to the unit. My unit is an attached private suite at the back of the house with its own main  entrance with a gate at the side. I'm looking for suggestions for solutions or even wordings on the check-in instructions to help clarification. 

I'm also thinking of doing a yard sign in the front of the house pointing towards the entrance direction, a sign on the gate, and solar lights. I'm worried that these might attract unwanted attention in the neighborhood. 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Jaryd1 

You can also add photos to check-in instructions on your listing with step by step details. It should be available to guests 24-48 hours prior to checkin. Guests can view in the App under Arrival Guide. You can also manually attach photos to an Airbnb message to the guest:

Listing

Your Space

Check-in Method

Joan2709_0-1711652998327.png

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jaryd1 Have you considered what3words? Their system is simple to use and allows you to show where a door/gate/road junction is very easily.

We send instructions as to how to find us a few days before a guests stay and no one who reads it has got lost. Of course some don't read it but what can you do.....

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I had not heard about this app! Thanks for sharing that...will it work anywhere?

@Joan2709 I believe it will. 

Hi @Jaryd1 

You can also add photos to check-in instructions on your listing with step by step details. It should be available to guests 24-48 hours prior to checkin. Guests can view in the App under Arrival Guide. You can also manually attach photos to an Airbnb message to the guest:

Listing

Your Space

Check-in Method

Joan2709_0-1711652998327.png

Muslim4
Level 6
Almaty, Kazakhstan

If you meet in person you can also add a template to "Quick Replies" called "Directions" where you can write details about finding your property. That's what I am using to save time.

But I've recently had some difficulties with guests who didn't buy local sim cards. So, they didn't have internet connection while they were looking for the entrance. (they didn't know the apartment/entrance number) They didn't let me know about that fact in advance. The lucky thing was that I had specified my Wi-Fi details in the listing details. Once they were close enough they were able to connect to it and text me. I don't think it should be like that. Any other hosts faced the same difficulties? 

Hi @Muslim4 

You can attach images to an Airbnb message, so that might be an option for you if you are sending directions to guests one day prior via a Scheduled Message or Quick Reply. It has to be done manually though. Many Hosts create a PDF document with all their directions and images and text it to the guests. You can use WhatsApp for that, as I believe those with Android phones can't get PDF documents via text. iPhone users can.

That sounds reasonable. Another good thing is to ask a guest if he's able to contact me upon his arrival to the property in a welcome message (right after the booking is confirmed).