Critique my listing, Lynn, England

Lyn8573
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Critique my listing, Lynn, England

Hi there, 

I am a first timer and would love some feedback on my listing. Can anyone help?

🌟Listing linkhttps://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/950775237156759990

thanks

lyn

[Title updated and listing link added by Community Manager for relevancy]

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Lyn8573 ,

A key thing missing for me is that you do not specify check in or check out times. Typically pre 10am for check out at post 4pm for check in is normal. Some do 11 &3, others limit check in to before 9 or 10pm.

Next I would sy the dining room seats 8 people (not 8-10). As the latter suggests the guests can invite others around.

Finally 1 parking place feels problematic so I would make sure people know how far/how expensive alternative parking is.

And just one more thing while I am raining on your parade. Have you got all the necessary insurances/finance permissions  in place and do you have a fire safety risk assessment?

Nice place and I am sure it will book - looks pricy but I haven idea what is charged in your area.

Thank you so much for this feedback, all good points that I will address. 
You’re right it is pricey! It’s top end price is only for the British Grand Prix weekend - I priced it by looking at surrounding properties for that weekend (crazy prices!).

It got booked for that weekend almost straight away but I’ve had no other bookings, so perhaps o need to lower the price on all other dates? What do you think?

Lyn

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Lyn8573  and welcome to the Airbnb Community,

It's great to see Mike's suggestions 😊 I am reaching out to some other  Hosts: @Guy991@Karen4131@Lorina14 , @Patricia3721 and @Paula2563  to see if they would like to share any further advice.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Lyn8573
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you!

Hi @Lyn8573 

Your listing is beautiful

I would suggest the following:

Title should just be The Mint House

Put the attractions it is near in a guidebook. Air BNB offers this and is a great feature. 
There is also a place for a short description and you can put all the places it is near there. Your pics are great but a couple were just a little dark so maybe redo these but if any trouble they are not bad. Throughout your ad you have improper use of capital first letters of words but ad is great. Overall beautiful property and ad. Great job. 

Hi @Patricia3721, thank you so much for your review, some great points, I have been meaning to do the guidebook, it’s great to hear that it adds value.

You’re quite welcome

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Lyn8573 ,

This place looks amazing. I have two ideas to share.

After checking out your property and others in town, I noticed yours costs over 500 euros, while others are around 400. One of them is fully booked because they let guests cancel for free up to a day before check-in, which makes people feel secure about booking. Your place, however, doesn't offer refunds at all, which might make some people hesitant to book.

When there are events nearby, it's easier to get bookings, but without events, it might be tough to attract guests with your current non-refund policy. I don't suggest copying the 1-day cancellation policy, but you could think about being more flexible with pricing and policies. Some hosts around your property prefer keeping prices low to have guests more often, rather than charging more and having fewer guests. It’s up to you which approach to take.

Also, I think the house should be a little more impersonal. It feels like living in someone else's home with all the personal stuff around, like the airplanes hanging from the ceiling and packed cabinets. It might be a good idea to tidy up a bit.

Lyn8573
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Guy,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I was wondering about my refund policy and I agree that it should be a bit more flexible. 
We do actually live in this house so I guess we need to decide how often we want to move out to accommodate guests and what will make it worthwhile because I agree we do have a lot of stuff….food for thought!

Many thanks

Lyn