Cover Photo I have chosen is not being used as the cover photo. Why?

Answered!
Elizabeth2874
Level 1
Chesterfield, MO

Cover Photo I have chosen is not being used as the cover photo. Why?

I chose a cover photo but when I look up the listing as a traveler, a different photo is presented first. Why?

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Elizabeth2874 

You are not the only person posting about this problem on the CC.  You find yourself in the new "room category" that Airbnb has promoted this month and from what I can gather, it is AI that chooses which photo to put forward for your listing which is creating quite a lot of frustration amongst hosts.

You should have a feedback button so feel free to use and any other means to give your view.  

You could try deleting the photo you don't want as your cover photo and see if that changes something and then if AI chooses one you do like, put it back on!  Trying to think of a way to fool AI but am not a techie person!!

Good luck and let us know if it works!

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Elizabeth2874 

You are not the only person posting about this problem on the CC.  You find yourself in the new "room category" that Airbnb has promoted this month and from what I can gather, it is AI that chooses which photo to put forward for your listing which is creating quite a lot of frustration amongst hosts.

You should have a feedback button so feel free to use and any other means to give your view.  

You could try deleting the photo you don't want as your cover photo and see if that changes something and then if AI chooses one you do like, put it back on!  Trying to think of a way to fool AI but am not a techie person!!

Good luck and let us know if it works!

All the best

Joëlle

@Joelle43 Thank you! I had no idea this was happening to others and why so I appreciate your advice. I deleted the picture, and it was replaced with the one I wanted. Then I added it back. All is well now. I appreciate the help.

Best, 

Liz

Hello again @Elizabeth2874 

Thank you for giving your feedback and I'm glad the technique worked so that others can use it!

All the best

Joëlle

Thank you! I have been so frustrated about this... But I'm going to try to to delete and add it back...

I don't think Airbnb should let AI choose the cover photo... We should be the ones choosing...

-Barbara

Same here! no matter what I do - the cover photo is chosen by Airbnb..