Can i rely to airbnb smart pricing option ?

Answered!
Спас1
Level 2
Dobrich, Bulgaria

Can i rely to airbnb smart pricing option ?

I had more visitors with higher custom price.

Also the app show me that my current prices are 50% cheaper than average price per night for the past 60 days.

Greeting from Bulgaria.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Спас1 Smart Pricing dynamically adjusts prices based on various factors, including demand and supply, local events, seasonality, and historical booking patterns. If you have this turned on, it automatically updates your listing's price based on real-time market data. However, most Hosts do not use this as their pricing option as the algorithm might not always accurately reflect the true value of your property, leading to underpricing or overpricing in some cases.

If the algorithm sets prices too low in an attempt to increase occupancy, you might earn less than if you had set prices yourself. My personal recommendation is to manually set your prices as a Host you are the one who knows the worth of your property. But if you turn on Smart Pricing, it's advisable to regularly review the prices it sets and compare them with your understanding of the local market and your property's unique value. Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @Спас1 Smart Pricing dynamically adjusts prices based on various factors, including demand and supply, local events, seasonality, and historical booking patterns. If you have this turned on, it automatically updates your listing's price based on real-time market data. However, most Hosts do not use this as their pricing option as the algorithm might not always accurately reflect the true value of your property, leading to underpricing or overpricing in some cases.

If the algorithm sets prices too low in an attempt to increase occupancy, you might earn less than if you had set prices yourself. My personal recommendation is to manually set your prices as a Host you are the one who knows the worth of your property. But if you turn on Smart Pricing, it's advisable to regularly review the prices it sets and compare them with your understanding of the local market and your property's unique value. Hope this helps!