Calendar note missing from the calendar view

Kartik23
Level 3
Sammamish, WA

Calendar note missing from the calendar view

The calendar has now a dark theme and additional information. Which is good, however, now I cannot see my personal calendar notes against the booking!

62 Replies 62

Hi @Kartik23:!

Yikes! This is terrible! I really rely on those calendar notes appearing for a quick glance review. 

@Bhumika , @Paula , @Jenny @Quincy can you bring this to the attention of Airbnb? This is going to be a real problem for hosts.

Thank you!

Same here, this is how I track the Unit's HoA alignment.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709  thank you for tagging me here!

@Kartik23 , would it be possible for you to share a screen shot of the calendar view, so that I can have it confirmed if it is by design or a glitch?

Can you also help me know if you can see the notes when clicking on each individual booking? 

When there is a black dot, in the calendar, it means the Host has added a note. When clicking on the "dotted" dates, can you confirm if you see the notes? The calendar layout should show the dot, but you will need to click on the date to see or add the notes. 

Meanwhile, please feel free to add your feedback via the Feedback Form as well, if you would like to share your concerns with Airbnb directly.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika:

Could really use your help on this....Here are screen shots of standard calendar view comparing previous and new. The new calendar doesn't show notes and requires you to click a dot on each date to see it. Hosts need the ability to see notes without clicking a dot!

Calendars are often shared via screen shot with cleaners and others and its important for notes to be visible!

Calendar Views Old_New.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709 , Thank you so much for helping with the screenshots and sharing your analysis of the calendar notes.

I will surely share your feedback with the Airbnb Team.

Meanwhile, please feel free to add your feedback via 

the Feedback Form as well.

-----

Perhaps Airbnb van add a "Show Notes" button on the Calendar. By clicking the button you can toggle between notes shown and then back to just the dot view?  🤔

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Interesting idea @Joan2709 and looks like that will be well appreciated by Hosts, please know that I passed your suggestion to the team! 

-----

I have multiple room listings in my Air BnB home. And I have used 2 parent listings for last 5 months. Today, I just learned that I can not use the multiple parent listings anymore. Therefore, I have 2 options that I can use in order to minimize double booking, one is  turning off instant booking for the parent listing and another one is taking a chance and block the room as soon as one of rooms gets booked. 

New calendar has been a nightmare so far. 

Helloooo,

Where is AirBnb with this?   For all the reasons listed above,  this should be a no brainer and quick fix for AirBnb hosts.

Thanks and please advise. 

Thank you - feedback sent!

Hi again!

I sent feedback....

Came across another issue...we add holidays and special events to the calendar with Notes. This allows us to quickly see where the holiday/event dates are and price accordingly. With the new Calendar (notes don't appear unless you click date dot), this removes an important feature for hosts to quickly see these holidays/event dates.  

Thanks!

Also of issue for me is that past notes are inaccessible, and future notes, if they get a booking on them, are inaccessible as well. That is ridiculous.

On the notes still available to view, it's 2 clicks to see them - once on the date, and then on the "1 note" bubble. Time and efforts have doubled/tripled. I now have to build a spreadsheet to put dates and notes into so I don't lost what they are.

The other issue aside from the one mentioned in this thread (which is a BIG problem), is that you can't go back in time and review your private notes.  ie, I had some notes on a blocked date from a year ago that I wanted to call up and revisit, and you are unable to access your past notes!  Ugh this is a problem.

Hi Again:

Just came across another issue....😫

Sometimes we need to go back to a past reservation and modify the note or add information for future reference as  @Kerry440 mentions.

I discovered you can access the note for a previous/past reservation, but it's not very intuitive. You have to hover your mouse over the first day of the reservation. After a slight pause, the system will highlight all the days of that reservation automatically and allow you to access the note in the right panel. Discovered this by accident when trying to modify a note on a previous reservation. 

The new calendar view will NOT allow you to add/modify a note to "Preparation" days, or reservations synced from another calendar, if the reservation dates have past (you get the dreaded "you shall not pass" symbol Joan2709_0-1689949882112.png

This is an issue. We need to add/modify notes for any date on the calendar including "Preparation" days. Screen shot below. I was able to modify the note for the reservation, but not able to add a note on "Preparation" Day.

Calendar Note No Entry 2.png