Calendar Notes - Can my Co-Hosts read them?

Answered!
Brian2659
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Calendar Notes - Can my Co-Hosts read them?

I swear I googled this question and poured through the community posts. Feel free to shame me if this has been addressed!

I realize I could just test this myself, make a post and ask my Co-Host if they can read the note but - "Teach a Host to fish..." 

And... since there are so many questions about Calendar notes... is there NOT a continuously updated section on Air B&B to address how the features work?  It's not that helpful looking through outdated community responses and youtube tutorials. Us hosts need to know how the tools work in real time.

Thank You for answering a "Level 1" question - learning a lot in the Community Center!

Brian

1 Best Answer

Hi @Brian2659 

Yes, a Co-Host can read the notes.

Sadly, the old software showed Calendar Notes beautifully right on the calendar itself. Now the only way to see a note (or even know if there is one) is by clicking a date with a black dot (indicates note),  then go to the right panel and scroll down to private note. Then click that to read it. I agree that many of the Airbnb Help articles are not always "helpful", have outdated information or simply don't exisit.  It would be very beneficial if they would add screen shots to the text in the Help articles also. As far as I know, I don't remember seeing any Help articles on the change with Calendar Notes; it just happened overnight and Hosts were left scrambling. Many had used screenshots of the Calendar with notes to send to cleaners, etc. That is not possible now.

The calendar and notes were totally changed in Summer 2023 release and this caused alot of headaches for Hosts (and still does). The suggestion was to add a "Show Notes" layer for the calendar, but alas, that has not been done. The other issue is once a date has passed, you can no longer access the note on the Calendar. You will have to go to the Reservation Details to read it. What a pain! Also the calendar used to indicate a booking from another platform, but that is not the case anymore.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Brian2659 ,

Consider creating another account for yourself with a different email (it is acceptable), and then add your second profile as a co-host and experiment with all three levels. This way, you will see exactly how and what your co-hosts see. For example, I was surprised that at the basic co-host level (for cleaning crew), it is not indicated how many guests are in the reservation, which I think is important information.

Hi @Brian2659 

Yes, a Co-Host can read the notes.

Sadly, the old software showed Calendar Notes beautifully right on the calendar itself. Now the only way to see a note (or even know if there is one) is by clicking a date with a black dot (indicates note),  then go to the right panel and scroll down to private note. Then click that to read it. I agree that many of the Airbnb Help articles are not always "helpful", have outdated information or simply don't exisit.  It would be very beneficial if they would add screen shots to the text in the Help articles also. As far as I know, I don't remember seeing any Help articles on the change with Calendar Notes; it just happened overnight and Hosts were left scrambling. Many had used screenshots of the Calendar with notes to send to cleaners, etc. That is not possible now.

The calendar and notes were totally changed in Summer 2023 release and this caused alot of headaches for Hosts (and still does). The suggestion was to add a "Show Notes" layer for the calendar, but alas, that has not been done. The other issue is once a date has passed, you can no longer access the note on the Calendar. You will have to go to the Reservation Details to read it. What a pain! Also the calendar used to indicate a booking from another platform, but that is not the case anymore.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Brian2659 , Adding to the recommendations shared by @Joan2709 @Helen3 , I was also able to reference our tech team for advise and got to know that if the Co-Hosts have "full access" set by the primary/main Host, then they should be able to see the private notes in the calendar left by the primary/main Host. 

Also sharing this article in case it helps with further details about what Co-Hosts can do and choosing right permissions for Co-Hosts.

Have you also reached out to your Co-hosts to know what they see on their end as Helen advised?

Do keep us posted! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you for linking me to that article - GREAT INFO.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Brian2659 

The best people to ask about cohost access are your cohosts - they should be able to advise.

as @Joan2709 says those of us who cohost can access the calendar notes.