2023 Winter Release Room “Naming” Problem

Answered!
Sue174
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

2023 Winter Release Room “Naming” Problem

Hello everyone, apologies if this is a super easy fix. I took advantage of the “early access” to the 2023 winter release. For the video tour, Airbnb AI groups your photos into rooms, which is great! However, it assigns “room numbers” to bedrooms that are not at all intuitive. I have a 3-BR home. It gave the “kids” room (twin beds) the title “Bedroom 1” when I think the Primary King room should be listed as Bedroom 1. Does anyone know how to re-label them after the upgrade? I know it’s a small thing but it bugs me.

1 Best Answer
Hélène266
Level 3
Gatineau, Canada

You can move your primary bedroom photos in the bedroom 1 section, and photos of kids' twin beds in bedroom 2, and so on. If that's what you're looking for see steps below. If not hopefully can help others.

1. in your host profile, select Menu, Listing

2. in the Listings page, on the left side, under Listing details click Property and rooms

3. Under Property and rooms, to the right of Rooms and spaces, click Edit

4. To remove photos of the twin beds that are, for example, in the Bedroom 1 section, click on that section, then:

a. click on Edit photos in that section
b. unselect the photos you want to remove from that section - they will go to the Unassigned photos  - all good

5. Repeat step 4 above to remove photos of your primary bedroom in the other section, for example Bedroom 2 - they too go to the Unassigned photos

6. To add photos of your primary bedroom in the Bedroom 1 section, click that section name and:

a. click Edit photos

b. select the photos of your primary bedroom that are now in the Unassigned photos section 

c. click Save 

7. Rinse and repeat step 6 to add photos of your kids' twin beds in the section Bedroom 2.

I hope that's what you were in part  (sort of) looking for and that it works!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Sue174!

I usually go to the support center how to section and search for the topic to figure something out.

If I can’t find the answer I usually reach out to Airbnb support. Since you are a Superhost, you will get a quicker response.

Just contact them asking how to correct this as it may be a bug and/or it may not be intuitive to find the place to correct your primary bedroom.  After all, participating in the early release is supposed to help them iron out the kinks before releasing it to all guests and hosts. They are very responsive if you message them or call them. Usually they correct the issue within the day of being notified of the problem.

Hi @Lorina14 , I did search and found nothing. I also submitted feedback since they did ask for people to provide that. I was hoping I simply missed something and someone knows a fix that I didn’t see. 🙏🏼

Hi @Sue174 

Sometimes I submit feedback but I have no idea when they review it and if it is in the process of being changed.  For fastest response contact your Superhost support and they will be able to remedy the issue quickly. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Sue174 , As of now, Hosts can’t rename specific rooms and spaces at this time in a photo tour. But as Lorina suggested, it would be a good idea to reach Support team as well.

Would you be able to share a few screenshots displaying this naming discrepancies? I can surely report this feedback to the tech team as well.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hélène266
Level 3
Gatineau, Canada

You can move your primary bedroom photos in the bedroom 1 section, and photos of kids' twin beds in bedroom 2, and so on. If that's what you're looking for see steps below. If not hopefully can help others.

1. in your host profile, select Menu, Listing

2. in the Listings page, on the left side, under Listing details click Property and rooms

3. Under Property and rooms, to the right of Rooms and spaces, click Edit

4. To remove photos of the twin beds that are, for example, in the Bedroom 1 section, click on that section, then:

a. click on Edit photos in that section
b. unselect the photos you want to remove from that section - they will go to the Unassigned photos  - all good

5. Repeat step 4 above to remove photos of your primary bedroom in the other section, for example Bedroom 2 - they too go to the Unassigned photos

6. To add photos of your primary bedroom in the Bedroom 1 section, click that section name and:

a. click Edit photos

b. select the photos of your primary bedroom that are now in the Unassigned photos section 

c. click Save 

7. Rinse and repeat step 6 to add photos of your kids' twin beds in the section Bedroom 2.

I hope that's what you were in part  (sort of) looking for and that it works!

@Hélène266 , This did the trick! I didn’t need to go to the “menu” drop down to select “listings” because the new release has it as a separate tab now but the rest worked brilliantly. It is a good work around until they allow it during the integration to the new platform. All they need to add is a step called, “Is this Bedroom 1?” And allow us to specify which bedroom it is. Baby steps. LOL