Is it possible to get pass for the Airbnb Open refund?

Magdalena11
Level 2
Hafnarfjörður, IS

Is it possible to get pass for the Airbnb Open refund?

Hello all, I cant come to the Airbnb Open and I need to get my pass ticket refund. Is there some e-mail or phone number I can call?

I´m looking forward to hear from you 🙂

All the best Magalena

11 Replies 11
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Magdalena11,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is great to meet you.

Aw this is a shame to hear you are no longer able to attend the Open this year, I hope everything is alright and you are going to do something nice instead. 

As this is linked to your specific account, I would recommend contacting open@airbnb.com, as this will go through to a team dealing specifically with Airbnb Open related support. 

I hope this helps, do let me know how you get on if you can. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I am about to purchase my ticket - if exchange of ticket is possible through resolution center, perhaps I can purchase it from you there? 

Hi Myranda, I woud love it if you can have the ticket. It is 3 day pass for $275. Do you want that?

All the best Magdalena

[email address removed]

[phone number removed]

Please contact me

Melane-0
Level 2
Baywood-Los Osos, CA

I'm also unable to attend and have the full 3 day pass as well as a ticket to the Belo Awards. Any way I can pass these tickets along to someone who wants them?

Malane'

Los Osos, CA

Hi, I will be happy to take it. Call me [phone number removed]

TJ

Hi I am looking for a 3 day pass for the airbnb open any chance you still have one [personal information hidden] I'll pay face value for it

Perle-Paris0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I need your ticket. Can I buy it from you please?? please call me [personal information hidden]

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Perle-Paris0@Magdalena11@Joe93@Tejinder0 and @Melane-0,

I hope you are all good.

Just to update on my earlier reply here. As Airbnb Open tickets are linked to your own individual Airbnb account and ID will be required upon Check-in, they are non-transferable. It is therefore unlikely that if you buy a ticket from another person, you will not be able to access the event and I would that to be the case. 

I am sorry this isn't more positive, but I really hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Lizzie, why is it so difficult to change the name on the pass to LA Open? We are living in the 21st centery with all the technical possibilities to make the changes with names and ID on tickets. I think it should not be to much job to do. $275 is alot of mony for me and I wish that it is possibult to sell it or get refund. 

All the best

Magdalena

It is such a bad situation.  The actions of Airbnb show us that they are not only inflexible, but they do not care about us hosts.  It has a cancellation policy that is more restrictive than the rentals.  I have the same issue. There are people who want passes and we can't refund or transfer them.  I've been really positive about Airbnb, but time and time again they are hard to contact and don't operate their business in a way that deserves any loyally from the people who are putting their homes and income on the line and pay their fees.  At a minimum, if their real concern is losing revenue, then they should at least allow a refund via travel credit and then open up sales for the extra passes.