Reliable Keyless Entry Systems

Answered!

Reliable Keyless Entry Systems

We purchased a home recently in Ohio. After some renovations, it will be ready for rental. We live in South Carolina and are looking for ideas for dependable keyless entry systems for our guests. Many of you have probably experienced this dilemma, there are so many options out there. We want to be able to change codes from anywhere for our guests. Any suggestions on dependable systems would be greatly appreciated. 

Blessings,

Scott

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Erwin163
Level 2
Bremerton, WA

Hi Dolores.  I just did a big renovation on my Sand Springs OK Airbnb.  I live closer to Seattle so I had this need to address.  I got some cool door locks from Best Buy.  I can unlock the door from anywhere in the world.  I can also set a code for each individual guest.  I can then make this code so it is good from arrival date to departure date.  Your cleaning team can be given a code that is good until you delete it.  Very neat device and it all is run from my iPhone.    

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Erwin163
Level 2
Bremerton, WA

Hi Dolores.  I just did a big renovation on my Sand Springs OK Airbnb.  I live closer to Seattle so I had this need to address.  I got some cool door locks from Best Buy.  I can unlock the door from anywhere in the world.  I can also set a code for each individual guest.  I can then make this code so it is good from arrival date to departure date.  Your cleaning team can be given a code that is good until you delete it.  Very neat device and it all is run from my iPhone.    

One other point . . . they make two variations.  One has a steel key also and the other is all electronic.  I keep the steel key in a realtor lockbox by the door so if somehow th4e system fails, I can get them it through the backup plan.  I recommend the one with the added key.  

I'm just chiming in here. Did you mention the brand of the lock as I would like to try and get the kind you got with the steel key? Also, do you need a professional to install? Thanks so much.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Ali18528 ! Just a quick tip: For @Erwin163 to get a notification about your message, make sure to tag him. Simply use the "@" symbol and choose his username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

oh thanks so much!

I'm not seeing you mention the brand.  It would be nice if you could let us all know which one you are enjoying.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dolores--D-Lo-0 and Welcome to our Community Center,

The suggestion given by @Erwin163  sounds like exactly what you're looking for. It would allow you to change codes for all your guests, which is great. Have you considered giving it a try? Or have you decided to go with a different option?

Please keep us posted on your decision.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad