Parking settings

Answered!
Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Parking settings

Hi 

I hope you can help. 

My place offers free on street parking, and I have this in the listing yet nothing shows on the brief entry which appears when guests search. I clicked free parking, stating it is on street. 

how do I change the listing to make it show on the search page, yet not be misleading. 
243 views and one booking with a 5 * review. 
trying to improve my conversion. 

thanks v much 

sarah 

1 Best Answer
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Sarah3938 

It does show up that free street parking is available on your listing, it's in the amenities box, now named 'What this place offers' - for those that didn't know what an amenity was.

If you consider free street parking to be a star draw, why not add a picture of this to your photo album or rejig your listing name to try to include this feature as a trial.

I'm not sure conversion rate is a great metric to worry over, it's one out of your control. If there are many alternatives in and around your place to book, people will extensively window shop. Perhaps occupancy rates and pricing are better measures and here you can see other listings calendars and how they score.

Conversion rates can be minuscule figures as well, so don't be alarmed by them.

High conversion rates tend to be in low competition areas, during events or where listings are seriously underpriced.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Sarah3938 

It does show up that free street parking is available on your listing, it's in the amenities box, now named 'What this place offers' - for those that didn't know what an amenity was.

If you consider free street parking to be a star draw, why not add a picture of this to your photo album or rejig your listing name to try to include this feature as a trial.

I'm not sure conversion rate is a great metric to worry over, it's one out of your control. If there are many alternatives in and around your place to book, people will extensively window shop. Perhaps occupancy rates and pricing are better measures and here you can see other listings calendars and how they score.

Conversion rates can be minuscule figures as well, so don't be alarmed by them.

High conversion rates tend to be in low competition areas, during events or where listings are seriously underpriced.

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you very much @Elena87 for such a comprehensive reply. I really appreciate it. 
I guess I’m surprised to have had only one booking and I’m investigating reasons for this. 
Thanks again for your time and good answer. 

@Sarah3938 @Elena87 

Since they changed the to x or tick options it is confusing which one to tick.

I've had free off street parking all along but incorrectly ticked the tick box and it removed free parking from that part iof my listing but still showed it as been available in another part of my listing....

Try figure that one out!!

All the best for a return to living life as one should be, over in the UK

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Helen427 Thank you so much.

I think it’s going to be another month before all the restrictions are lifted. I’ve tweaked the title, and also allowed same day booking up til 1pm. See how it goes. I offer a quality stay and have priced to cover costs. There are all sorts of prices near me and I’m sure that also makes a difference. Many thanks again.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah3938  Don't worry too much about lack of bookings right now. Your listing looks fine but private room home shares aren't exactly Covid safe. As more people get vaxxed, infection rates drop and things open back up, you'll no doubt start to get more bookings.

I've actually had my private room home share closed to bookings since March 2020. I'm not willing to take any chances until I'm fully vaxxed.

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 Thanks so much for replying. I am fully vaccinated and the layout of the house means it’s as safe as can be. Only the hall and stairs are shared space. I use the back door, and guests use the front door. The breakfast is served in another room, not the kitchen and I wear a mask. Good luck with it all. 

@Sarah3938  Got it. That's pretty much my set up, too, except guests share my kitchen, but as I live in the tropics, doors and windows are always open, so it's almost like an open-air kitchen. 

What I meant is that guests may be shying away from even looking at private room listings right now, rather than you being lax about Covid safety. I'm sure some, especially if they've been vaxxed, are okay with home shares, but there's probably less guests looking than usual. 

And because there are still restrictions in some areas on non-essential travel, the demographic of guests has changed- there's now a lot of digital nomads, who look for places longer term, and tend to look for entire places.

If it's any consolation, years before Covid, when I first put up my listing, it took about a month and a half to get my first booking. Then it was slow for awhile, but once I got some reviews under my belt, it started to pick up.

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks very much @Sarah3938 really appreciate it. I’ve had one booking, so it’s a start. Many thanks. 

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Oops sorry @Sarah977 @I seemed to reply to myself. It ws meant for you. 

@Sarah3938  Lots of Sarahs around these days. Easy mistake to click on the wrong one 🙂

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While you have a nicely appointed private bed and bath as your pictures depict, I suggest you add a few more pictures of the area, perhaps the street showing ample parking since that is part of your listing name.  Also, I was confused that you listed bath toiletries as amenity and then state the guest is to bring their own in the listing description.  Best to remove any amenity that is not offered albeit temporarily.  Welcome back!

Sarah3938
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks I will. Much appreciated. @Linda108 👍