Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you provide a TV in the lounge? ๐Ÿ“บโ€Œ

TV Airbnb.jpeg

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Across the community, we see Hosts with a variety of listings, each offering a unique style and experience for their guests. This variety often influences the amenities provided.

A TV can be essential depending on the space you offer and the type of guests you host. Another important factor is whether you provide short or long stays. Do you offer a TV in the lounge? If not, do you provide one in another area of the house, or do you prefer not to have a TV at all? ๐Ÿ“บ

Share your experiences in the comments and let us know why you decided to offer or not offer a TV in your accommodation.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

48 Replies 48
Sylvia98
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Hi Paula, I think it depends on the experience you want to provide to your guests.  I provide a TV and streaming service in my units but they have an independent entrance, and I only accept long term guests.

If you're offering a room in your house, it would be a nice amenity to offer, but it's not required. I have stayed in rooms as a weekend guest and I don't care about the TV. I went to and Airbnb cabin in the mountains and I did not want a TV, and it was not included as part of the experience. However, if you want long term guests, you should consider including this amenity plus streaming access. As a general rule, I suggest you make it clear that you include a TV or not, so guests know what to expect. I hope this helps. 

Renata677
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

olรก!!

Tudo bem? Tenho TV sim.

Delmy3
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

hello yes we do 75โ€Tv guests love to watch when they are at home

@Paula Hi Paula ,yes a tv in all the bedrooms and one in the lounge. Guests can log in to their own accounts and stream their favourites.

Chris20271
Level 2
Bradenton, FL

Absolutely ๐Ÿ’ฏ!!

We have 9 TV'S total!  The two largest are 65" (outdoor bar and in the living room)

Sheri7
Level 2
Ventura, CA

Absolutely! 
but not in the bedrooms (I donโ€™t believe in that)๐Ÿ˜‰

Darla31
Level 2
Sturgis, SD

Hi Paula! 

I do not offer additional TV's - just one in the family room

Hi Paula, yes I have one TV in each of my Airbnb properties, but no Internet or WiFi. Generally speaking, I think a TV would be a basic expectation in a UK property.

Regards, Joanne 

Raymond-C-0
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello Paula, thanks for your inquiry!

My ARBNB operation here in New York City offers two large, separate rooms.  The first room is dubbed The Langston Hughes Room, the more recently introduced room is named The Zora Neale Hurston Room.  These names were chosen to reflect the location of the property which is right in the middle of Harlem on Lenox Avenue, an historic landmark area where much of the Harlem Renaissance era activities took place.

Each of these self-contained rooms has a TV set.  Both sets offer WIFI access, so guests can use their own usernames and passwords to sign into a variety of streaming services or just watch some TV channels for free.   

I decided to place TV sets in each room for my guest for a number of reasons; I enjoy watching news, sports or a movie sometimes myself, so I assume that my guests would appreciate the accommodation as well. In addition, since I am currently limited to offering visits for 30-day minimums (thanks to that nasty new local 18 law, which has taken money out of my family's income and redirected those funds to large, corporate-owned hotels in New York City), I assume that my longer-term guests will probably find themselves with more time inside on their hands and may want to watch TV at some point.

Wow Raymond. That's typical of the US, They did the same with vaping, banned it in favour of cigarettes. It's all about corporate lobbying, pretty corrupt really. Maybe you could advertise bed & breakfast & supply milk & cerial for the guests. Would that be banned ?

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Hi Paula

we have a smart TVโ€™s in all rooms 

all with Netflix, Disney plus, and Amazon Prime.

during summer months guests prefer to be out and about, but once winter sets in then guests appreciate the extras

Deoni0
Level 2
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

Yes our unit has a tv in the lounge ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Kristina43
Level 2
Fruit Cove, FL

Hi Paula, 

Yes, we do! They have a large L-shaped sofa to rest on and can watch TV from the living room area, dining area, and coffee/art gallery lounge. ๐Ÿ™‚