Booking for other people

Douglas545
Level 2
Cambridge Springs, PA

Booking for other people

Hello!

We currently have a group of four men staying at our place. The booking was clearly not made by any of these men. They look to possibly be construction workers. They arrived very late and had poor instructions on how to unlock our keypad entry. Is this okay for a person to book our home for other people?

Thanks!!

6 Replies 6
Bronwyn100
Level 8
Hardys Bay, Australia

The person who made the booking is responsible. However, best you take bookings from people who have been recommended. I would definitely ask the person who booked 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Douglas545 Guests should not book for a 3rd party. The host situation is murky however as many hosts never see their guests so you cannot really see if they are the person who booked or not. I wouldn't worry too much as Aircover and your insurance policy should cover you (at least I have never seen where it says it does not).

Thank you for your response. The person who booked **. (we have outside cameras at entry points). I am guessing they are employees of his. I have since added to my house rules that no 3rd party bookings are allowed. Just another lesson learned and hopefully no issues. I am mostly upset that the booker did not share the instructions on how to lock / unlock the keypad entry causing the guests to stand around at midnight for 20 minutes bringing attention from the neighbors. 

**Content modified by Community Manager to remove nationality/location of guests to avoid discriminatory or generalizing comments - Please go through our Community Center Guidelines and  Nondiscrimination Policy to learn more.]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

They should be booking it as an Airbnb at Work booking so there workers can access information about the booking. 

what did the person who booked say when you called them out on this @Douglas545 

He has yet to respond to my message that was sent first thing this morning.

In addition you might want to include language that states that  ask the person reserving your space to include the names of the others in the group, because AirBnB does not provide the host with this information.