Bathroom Remodel - Ditching a Tub for a Shower?

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Bathroom Remodel - Ditching a Tub for a Shower?

Hello all! We are going to be remodelling the bathroom in our primary Airbnb space in March, and we are thinking of getting rid of the bathtub and replacing it with a walk-in shower only. Have you done this, or do you have an Airbnb apartment that only has a shower? I've stayed in them, and I personally like it. Our bathtub is nothing to write home about, and we don't really get many families staying, so I don't think it's ever used as a tub. Most of our guests are adults who are visitng the area for winery tours or weddings. Our secondary Airbnb also has a walk-in shower, but there are two bathrooms and the other one has a tub so it's less of a concern.

I'd love any feedback: is this a bad idea? Is this a good idea? Would it put you off staying with us?

Here are a couple of pics to give an idea of what it's like now.

Bathroom.jpgBathroom 2.jpg

73 Replies 73

Well @Lizzie it's out!  The framing is being done now and tiling will start this afternoon. Pics will be forthcoming, probably tonight. 

No tea breaks allowed! 🙂 

The tub had to be cut into pieces to get it out, so no decorative planter for the husband! I'm sure he's devastated.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

@Lizzie @Huma0 here it is... Still a work in progress but i like how it's going! 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316

It's looking really good! 

I definitely think you made the right decision. It's going to really open up and modernise the space and I'm sure guests are going to appreciate the hotel style showering experience.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oo this is exciting @Alexandra316. It is coming on really well, it is great to see a work in progress photo! 🙂

I agree with @Huma0, I think it will make your bathroom feel much bigger and it is a great size shower. 

Just mentioning in @Rosemarie9@Dawn162@J-Renato0@David126@Kimberly54@Ria16@Ben205@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Lawrene0@Sarah977@Emilia42@Alice-and-Jeff0@Paul154@Dawn162@Rebecca181, as I am sure they will be interested to see how everything is coming along.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Alexandra316 I like it and it looks easy to clean. I love that frosted glass also 😉 

@Alexandra316 Great to see that your shower is coming to life! Are you planning to put sliding doors or French doors? I believe the sliding doors are the better option here.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

There are better pics on my listing but due to sizing limits on here I can'

post them. 

Well done @Alexandra0. Congrats.

Lovely, @Alexandra316!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Looks great, @Alexandra316!

I must say it looks amazing.

Flavia191
Level 2
Boston, MA

@Alexandra316it's looking really great! Thanks for starting this thread as we are on the same boat remodeling our bathroom and trending towards a shower stall instead of a tub.

Flavia

Ditching the bathtub for a walk-in shower in your Airbnb bathroom remodel could be a smart move, especially if most guests are adults. It can modernize the space and cater to their preferences without putting them off staying with you. **

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines ]

Judith872
Level 2
Boyds, MD

Hi Alexandra316,

The pics look beautiful and this, in my opinion is a good idea.  I for one would much prefer this and it would encourage me to book.  Wishing you all the best.  It looks so good and very modern.