accept or decline reservation

Cecilia31
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

accept or decline reservation

Hi! I am a new hosting through airbnb.
I recieved a reservation question-request from someone on behalf of a relative.
I do want to accept but would prefere that this relative creates her own account so I could communicate directly with her.
I have just answer that, but I am not sure what they will decide. Should I decline or pre-approve in this case?

thanks for your help!!

Cecilia

3 Replies 3
Ray-And-Jennifer0
Level 1
Maroochydore, Australia

I accepted a booking made by a daughter on behalf of her mother who wasn't computer savvy. It worked out ok. On the other hand, you may not be sufficiently covered insurance wise by Abnb. If their relative in young enough to know what they are doing then they should have their own accont

one more point is that the person could book for both of them. When couples book the partner is just another guest, so maybe you are covered. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Cecilia31  You need to be very careful about 3rd party bookings as your only point of contact is someone who will not be staying.  Personally, I do not knowingly accept 3rd party reservations since (a) I dont know who is staying, (b) I can't communicate directly with the people staying and (c) if they are problem guests I can't leave a review and they can't review me.   Here's what Airbnb has to say on the subject: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

While many 3rd party bookings are innocuous (daughter booking for mother, etc.) many are not.  I've seen posts here and elsewhere where someone books for a group of friends who are clueless about house rules and have no respect for the host's home. 

Be careful!

Kris12
Level 6
Pattaya, Thailand

Just ask for the full name of the people arriving at your place and tell them to bring valid ID. Copy their ID's on arrival and I am sure you will be fine.