RFI 21

Sarah527
Level 1
Oakham, United Kingdom

RFI 21

Hello, hoping someone has the answer.

My Portuguese accountant says I need Airbnb to complete and stamp the RFI 21 form.  I've called the help centre and they say they do not provide this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sarah527 and thank you for posting in our Community Center.

I am reaching out to one of our Hosts from Portugal, @Guy991, to see if he has any suggestions for your case.

It could also be a good idea to post this question in our 👉Portuguese Community Center where many Hosts from Portugal share their tips and suggestions.

I hope this helps. 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Sarah527 @Paula 

Unfortunately, I can't offer much help. This form concerns international taxation between countries. I wouldn't rely on Airbnb to provide a signed form. I've been waiting for months for a simple proof of income, and all I get is advice to clear the cache on my computer.

Anyway, you'll have to find a way to navigate through this. I suggest your first step is to consult with another accountant who may be more familiar with international clients whose Airbnb property is in Portugal.

If you'd like, send me a message with your email, and I'll introduce you to my accountant who may shed more light on the matter.

Sarah,

I just worked this out today smoothly with Airbnb Help Centre.

I think you can do it following these steps:

1. Contact the Help centre via message requesting the RFI model 21. Ask them to transmit this request to their dedicated team;

2.  Someone from the Airbnb dedicated team will send you an email with information about the model;

3. They should send you a link where you can download: a) the Airbnb tax resendecy certificate and b) the RFI model 21, which you just need to sign the VI section (name and VAT).

I hope this helps.

I worked for me and only took a couple of ours, since the request until everything was finished.

Thanks Airbnb support!

Ricardo

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thanks so much for this, @Ricardo2039  👏

I am tagging @Sarah527  here so she gets a notification about your great suggestion.

Sara, let us know if you will try this and if it works for you ✌️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Yeah, great! Thanks!