why it is so hard to find any telephone number for support/ ?

Claudia659
Level 1
Eight Mile Plains, Australia

why it is so hard to find any telephone number for support/ ?

i am new here and it seems really strange that there is no visible phone numbers to help. I wonder who can you call if no number is out there!!!   it seems fishy to me

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When I first started as a host 2 years ago I expected Air BNB customer support to hold my hand and walk me through how to set up the listing and manage my new business, @Claudia659.  Not finding a phone number baffled me as well.  I contacted an established host who gave me the phone number but gradually the CS pointed me to the information available in the Help Center so I began to educate myself.

Later I found this host forum and I regualarly read and respond to the posts here.  I have learned a great deal from the discussions.

As to your question, here in the Community Center there is a guide to contacting Air BNB among the many tutorials available about many issues, processes that will be of help to new hosts like yourself.

Here is the link to the guide.  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good advice Linda. The less people call Airbnb CS, the better, especially with issues found in either their Help Center or here.

You know, @Fred13, I understand the swirling confusion of a new host, but ultimately I feel more connected to the idea that Air BNB is a community by using the Help articles and this host forum.  

Very good point. Besides it is great fun listening and sharing experiences and dicovering better ways to do things together. If Airbnb hasn't told you yet, you do contribute much lady.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

BTW, if you have a specific issue that the hosts can help with, hope you will free to post it on this site.  Start a new post, however, so you can tag this issue for better host response and support.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Actually staying in an ABB at the moment, my first as a guest.

I think of ABB as a booking system, always considered the term Community as meaning something very different.

ABB is an online system and the vast majority of the questions I see asked here have been asked and answered, on line. Many are dealt with in the basic information provided, seems many people list first, ask second, read not at all.

David