Selling my house, transferring my account to new property without penalties

Louisa33
Level 1
Durban, South Africa

Selling my house, transferring my account to new property without penalties

Hi, I have booked guests up until March 2017.  I am selling my property and found a new place which is 10 minutes away from my existing place.  This has exactly the same as what the present place has and the location is amazing!  However how do I transfer my bookings to my new place and let the guests know. 

Would they or I have to cancel their bookings and make bookings in new place. 

Would I be penalised

There is one booking which is soon after I will have taken possession and I am nervous to rent the place out for this booking just in case it is not ready for renting. 

Your help would be appreciated

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Louisa33  I believe what you need to do is cancel all the bookings at your present listing and deactivate the listing.  Then when you are ready to host you will list your new place.  Reviews from the old place will stay with your profile as a testament to you as a host.

The transition is the issue.  I suggest you contact each future booking and advise of the change.  You cannot transfer the booking from one listing to another.  A new reservation will have to be made.  Perhaps you can contact Air BNB and discuss how to go through this transition with the least disruption to the guest.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728  Good luck!!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Louisa33

You can't transfer bookings from your current listing to your new one. The booked for your current listing and may not, for whatever reason want to move to your new listing.

Give Airbnb a call right away and make sure you snooze your current listing so you don't take further bookings you can't fulfil.

You maybe penalised. It's likely your guests will be asked if they want to move to your new place or chose their own alternative. For example if you offered me this option I would be concerned if there were to be delays in your purchase going through, so would chose to go with an alternative.

Thank you Helen

Do you have a contact number where I can call?

Thank you

See my post, Lousia.