New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,973 Replies 1,973

Hello Paula,

Thanks for your response too and being very positive always.

Yes am enjoying this platform though not yest hosted anyone with hopes that soon will start hosting

This is very good like i mentioned great time to host here in Uganda and very much vibrant

Hope to hear more from you and all great people in this platform

Welcome to kampala Uganda

Sheldon67
Level 2
Ardmore, PA

Hello everyone, 

My name is Sheldon and I am in Ardmore PA. I teach High School and enjoy it immensely. This is my first listing and I'm hoping to grow and learn as time goes on. 

The home is special because it was my grandparents home that I renovated and finally decided to let other enjoy. 

There is so much to do in and around the area of Ardmore PA. I want others to have that experience. 

I have what is a family friendly home. Enjoy my space like you would your own. 

Thanks. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sheldon67welcome to the Community Center and congratulations on starting this project. We wish you all the success ๐ŸŽ‰

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled ๐Ÿ‘‰Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through ๐Ÿ‘‰Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mariarosaria67
Level 2
Naples, Italy

ciao 

mi chiamo mariarosaria e con piacere mi presento.

Vivo a napoli e sono host dal 2019 nella mia cittร .

Oramai passione  esser host.

Sono contenta di far parte della community di Airbnb.

Sono nel mondo hr ed il rapporto con le persone, le nuove conoscenze, la conoscenza di altre culture oggi รจ il mio ossigeno.

Ho iniziato la mia esperienza airbnb a barcellona, ospite di stefania, italiana, ma che ha fatto dell'ospitalitร  una vera professione, ricordo le sue colazioni condivise con gli altri ospiti, una vera continental breakfast! .

Da li ho pensato di creare un annuncio ed oggi a distanza di 5 anni io ed i miei figli luigi e marco abbiamo sempre un gran piacere nel conoscere nuovi ospiti e nuove esperienze.

---

HI 

My name is Mariarosaria and I am pleased to introduce myself.

I live in Naples and have been a host since 2019 in my city.

It's now a passion   to be a host.

I'm happy to be part of the Airbnb community.

I am in the HR world and the relationship with people, new acquaintances, knowledge of other cultures today is my oxygen.

I started my airbnb experience in Barcelona, โ€‹โ€‹guest of Stefania, Italian, but who made hospitality a real profession, I remember her breakfasts shared with the other guests, a real continental breakfast! .

From there I thought of creating an announcement and today, 5 years later, my sons Luigi and Marco and I still have great pleasure in meeting new guests and new experiences.

[Google translation added by OCM]

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mariarosaria67, a huge welcome to the Community Center! Thank you so much for sharing your presentation ๐ŸŒป

I'm delighted to see that you've already been helping different Hosts in the community. That is exactly the purpose of our forum, and we truly appreciate your contributions.

I also want to share that there is an Italian Community Center managed by our amazing community manager, @Walter, who would be happy to guide you around ๐Ÿ˜Š

Feel free to explore the Italian Community Center and keep sharing all your tips and suggestions โœŒ๏ธ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Eiman25
Level 2
Chino Hills, CA

Hello,

I am Eiman from California. My son lives in Houston, Texas and I recently bought a nice house there. I just listed the house in Airbnb, so I am fairly a new host. 

I am excited to join the group and looking forward to learning from experienced hosts. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.                                                                 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Eiman25 welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Š

I wish you all the best in your hosting journey ๐ŸŒŸ

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here   asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

Olรก bem vinda a comunidade obrigada por compartilhar๐Ÿซถ !!

Hello, my name is Paul, getting started with hosting in the growing city of Merced, California. I'd love to learn more from experienced hosts near me.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC!  @Paul11102 ๐Ÿ˜€

Great to have you here,  hope to see you around! 

-----

I've been an Airbnb Superhost for a little over a year. Our property is a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo with oversized garage (very useful in the winter months) near the ski resort of Winter Park. The Airbnb community has been awesome and simply wanted to say hello and wish everyone continued success realizing their goals and dreams.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rodman1 your listing is so lush ๐Ÿ˜ I love the mountainous views ๐Ÿ”

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your time so far being part of the community ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ

If youโ€™d like, you can ask for listing feedback from fellow hosts,
check out this topic right here to find out more ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center

-----

Samantha1410
Level 2
Perth, Australia

Hi, My name is Samantha. A newbie to Airbnb. I work full time and study. I have a master bedroom in my apartment that I would like to utilise for making new friends and earning some extra dollars! I am originally from South Korea moved to Australia when I was young. My place in Perth is central, clean, cosy, very organised, and convenient with free bus to the city. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A big warm welcome to you ๐ŸŽ‰ @Samantha1410 
Wow sounds like you have a lot to juggle! 

I'd love to find out more on how you balance working full-time and studying, feel free to create a post here. I do hope you decide to share your journey with us! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

-----

Jessie364
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

Hello from Sedona everyone, Iโ€™m Jessie Kay. I cohost a house in Sedona Arizona with my sister katina. We had an outstanding first half of the year in the sense that we have really great guest. We do have some hot days coming up here in Arizona and I want to, ask, how do you encourage visitors when the weather is extreme?