description

Answered!

description

How to create a longer description.  I see all differnt lengths greater than 500 characters

1 Best Answer

@Ian-And-Kathryn0 

Hi Ian and Kathryn -

I just looked at your listing.  Your place looks great!

I too have struggled to get everything I wanted in the Listing Description. 

I am not aware as to how to make a longer Listing Description. I think it's a standard 500 character limit.  As for the My Space area - you have pretty much unlimited space.  

Given that... what I did was, I looked at my listing like "a book":

Listing Title: 50 characters:  a title to a book to catch peoples attention. 

Listing Description: 500 characters - it's like the intro to a book.  Just a short overview of your place.  Leave a lot of the details for the My Space section. 

My Space: unlimited - it's like all of the chapters of the book, explaining each room in detail, other things your property offers, near by offerings, and  house rules. 

Wising you continued success with your place!

Best, 

John 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Ian-And-Kathryn0 

Hi Ian and Kathryn -

I just looked at your listing.  Your place looks great!

I too have struggled to get everything I wanted in the Listing Description. 

I am not aware as to how to make a longer Listing Description. I think it's a standard 500 character limit.  As for the My Space area - you have pretty much unlimited space.  

Given that... what I did was, I looked at my listing like "a book":

Listing Title: 50 characters:  a title to a book to catch peoples attention. 

Listing Description: 500 characters - it's like the intro to a book.  Just a short overview of your place.  Leave a lot of the details for the My Space section. 

My Space: unlimited - it's like all of the chapters of the book, explaining each room in detail, other things your property offers, near by offerings, and  house rules. 

Wising you continued success with your place!

Best, 

John 

Thanks John. Yes we got there in the end. Not very intuitive but it works.

Spencer240
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I am trying to set up a listing for the first time and don't see the option for "My Space" or the ability to add a "co-host"? Can't access the "Today" tab either.

Do you have to publish your listing first?

Thanks,

Spencer

Spencer Combs

Hi @Spencer240 

Yes...many sections are not available until you publish your listing including the ones you mention. You can't add a Co-Host until you publish it as well.

Break up the text into smaller paragraphs, bullet points, or numbered lists to make the information easy to digest.Headings and subheadings can also help organize the content

**[Link removed as per the Community Center Guidelines]